Babyfit, non-profit organization focused on the education of developmental movement, is offering a Body-Mind Centering® course: The Muscular System
The muscles establish a tensile three-dimensional grid for the balanced support and movement of the skeletal structure by providing the elastic forces that move the bones through space. They provide the dynamic contents of the outer envelope of flesh encompassing the skeletal structure. Through this system we embody our vitality, express our power, and engage in the dialogue of resistance and resolution.
This course includes:
- Innovative muscle principles (proximal and distal initiation, muscle coupling and currenting, A and B muscles, four stages of a muscle action, eight functions of a muscle).
- Embodying muscles and initiating movement at the molecular level (actin and myosin).
- The embodied functions of proprioceptors (muscle spindles and Golgi tendon organs).
- Analyzing the actions of individual muscles and of groups of muscles from the perspective of one’s position in relation to gravity.
- Interrelationships between muscles in different parts of the body and as they pass through different fascial planes.
- Techniques of muscle reeducation and training.
The Muscular System course in the approach of Body – Mind Centering® offers a unique chance to dive into an experiential exploring of your body, its functions and expressiveness.
It can be inspiring for everybody. For those of us working with movement, with infants, children or adults (physiotherapists, teachers of dance, yoga and tai-chi, dance therapists) it can offer new approaches to functional and healthy movement as well as new ways of repatterning and therapy.
This course does not require previous knowledge and is open for everyone. It can be taken individually or combined with other BMC® courses at any licensed BMC® program to become a Somatic Movement Educator (SME).
Duration: 7 – 16 September, 2018
The course will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia – just an hour train ride from Vienna, Austria. It is 9 days long, with 1 free day in between. Every day we begin at 8.30 and finish at 18.00, lunch break is from 13.00 to 14.45. You will get a detailed schedule on the first day of the course.
The common language in class is English. Please, contact us if language is a concern.
Teachers: certified BMC® teachers – Walburga Glatz (Germany), Christine Cole (USA), Wilma Vesseur (Belgium).
Course fee: 1080 Euro; reduced fee for residents of Eastern Europe: 864 Euro. With a full payment before 15 July 2018, you get a reduction of 50 Euro.
The course fee does not include accommodation, homework fees and insurance.
If you have more questions – do not hesitate and contact us by phone: 00421 905 713 314 (Anka Sedlackova), 00421 905 521 025 (Angelika Kovacova) or email email@example.com.