Babyfit, non-profit organization focused on the education of developmental movement, is offering a Body-Mind Centering® course: The Nervous System
Experience first occurs on the cellular level. The nervous system is the recording system of the body. It records our experiences and organizes them into patterns. It can then recall the experience and modify it by integrating it with patterns of other previous experiences.
The nervous system is the last to know, but, once knowing, it becomes a major control center of psychophysical processes. It can initiate the learning of new experience through creativity and play.The nervous system underlies alertness, thought, and precision of coordination and establishes the perceptual base from which we view and interact with our internal and external worlds.
This course will include:
- Distinguishing experientially the organization of the nervous system: central/peripheral; somatic/autonomic; sensory/motor.
- Differentiating and integrating from a psychophysical perspective the enteric nervous system of the gut, the parasympathetic and sympathetic pathways, and the somatic nerves.
- Assessing and releasing blockages in the nerve pathways. (brain and spinal cord, autonomic nerves, major somatic and autonomic plexes and their peripheral pathways).
- Understanding the principles of nerve reversals and methods of releasing them.
- Exploring balance of the autonomic nervous system as a calm support for intentional movement.
- How intentional movement provides the container of expression for autonomic movement.
The Nervous System course in the approach of Body – Mind Centering® offers a unique chance to dive into an experiential exploring of your body, its functions and expressiveness.
It can be inspiring for everybody. For those of us working with movement, with infants, children or adults (physiotherapists, teachers of dance, yoga and tai-chi, dance therapists) it can offer new approaches to functional and healthy movement as well as new ways of repatterning and therapy.
This course does not require previous knowledge and is open for everyone. It can be taken individually or combined with other BMC® courses at any licensed BMC® program to become a Somatic Movement Educator (SME).
Duration: 15 – 22 September, 2017
The course will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia – just an hour train ride from Vienna, Austria. It is 7 days long, with 1 free day in between. Every day we begin at 8.30 and finish at 18.00, lunch break is from 13.00 to 14.45. You will get a detailed schedule on the first day of the course.
The common language in class is English. Please, contact us if language is a concern.
Teachers: certified BMC® teachers – Walburga Glatz (Germany), Ferenc Kalman (Hungary), Gerlind Schweppe (Germany).
Course fee: 750 Euro; reduced fee for residents of Eastern Europe: 600 Euro. With a full payment before 15 July 2017, you get a reduction of 50 Euro.
The course fee does not include accommodation, homework fees and insurance.
If you have more questions – do not hesitate and contact us by phone: 00421 905 713 314 (Anka Sedlackova), 00421 905 521 025 (Angelika Kovacova) or email email@example.com.